Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My 2012 Trips (so far...)

Recently I've had the privileged to travel overseas for holidays. I think most of us find it relaxing and very refreshing getting away from all the stress at work, especially the traffic here in KL (it's horrendous). So earlier this year, I traveled to Paris and London. It was a wholesome experience and I loved every minute of it. Here are some of the photos on my trip with my family. 
I took a flight to London via Air Asia X. Yeah, it was before they decided to cancel flights to Paris and London. You can imagine this post was long overdue with the flights. Surprisingly, the 14 hour flight was not bad. It was way beyond my expectation. It's a budget airline, you can't expect it like any other commercial flights. Get it? I arrived at Gatwick around 5.00am (it was cold too) and my bus to Paddington was at 7.15am. So I had about 2 hours to kill. What did I do? Yeah, grabbed myself a Costa Coffee. It was really good. Since most of the shops are closed, I decided to just chill and charge my phone at Costa Coffee and surf the net. Sadly there's no WiFi around the area. Had to use the normal data. 30 minutes cost me around rm300+. Mass!!! My family flew in by Etihad to London and they arrived around 9.00am. 
After a few hours in London, we head to Paris via Eurostar later in the evening. We reached Paris after a 2 hour plus train ride. While in Paris, we managed to see some of the exciting places. We had a short period of time there so we chose the more easier and shortest time of traveling. We went to Disneyland Paris. Yeah we decided to be a kid once awhile. Weather was -9 and very windy so we were freezing our asses off. Haha... Gotta say, I love the Star Wars ride. It was the bomb.  
Before we took a train ride back to London, we went to see some of the monumental places in Paris. You gotta see the Eiffel when you're there right? It'd be weird if it's your first time in Paris and you didn't catch a glimpse of it. That's just my opinion. We were having a blast trying to poke fun at the tower. Haha... 
Next stop, Arc de Triomphe. Had fun with the Underworld poster too. Haaa Kate oh Kate. We were rushing to catch our train back (home...haha) to London, so we just stopped by there for awhile and later, Ieja went for a shopping spree for her wedding (I think) along the Champs-Elysees. Though I didn't shop for anything, the view from Champs-Elysees was simply amazing. 
Before we head back, we stopped at Musee du Louvre (think I got it right). Made me remember the movie Da Vinci Code. Although we wanted to visit many other exciting places in Paris, but we just had a couple of days there. Oh well, it was a great time in Paris. Thank you for the memories and thank you to my sis, Ieja, for taking us around too. Not forgetting, Thea and her husband, for their lovely hospitality and 2 beautiful children. I swear, they're such cute and lovely kids (I'm not kidding!!!). 
Then, to the main event. Oh wait, not yet. Back in the UK, we head up north to Leicester by car. We rented a car at Europcar. My sis, Kak Nana, was super happy to be back at the place where she used to study. Although, I didn't see any tear in her eyes. Would've been great if she did have. Hehe... We stopped for lunch before we went shopping.
This happened after we went shopping. It was snowing!!! And might I add, it was heavily snowing in Leicester too. Haaa, my dream finally came true again. To see it snowing in the UK after 9 years of not coming back to my 2nd home (okay I'm being dramatic now). It was difficult to drive too cause of the heavy snow. But yeah, am not sure when will I experience the snowy conditions again though. So might as well we have fun right? Haha... 
Check out how bad the snow was. We had to push the van to parking okay! And no the photo below is NOT from a portrait. Was taken while we were driving further up north... to Manchester!!! 
Now, to the main event!!! Welcome to Old Trafford!!! It's been too long. YES!!! TOO LONG!!! I felt different when I saw the grandest stadium of them all. I've been a fan since 1992, been to the stadium back in 1995, then to return to it in 2012, just makes it a different whole lot of experience. I'm just gonna show you all the photos. 
Me with Chicharito+Rooney, Me with Nani, The Trinity. 
The museum and trophy cabinet, Sir Alex Ferguson's trophies and the late Sir Matt Busby. 
There can be ONLY ONE, Eric "The King" Cantona.  
The Busby Babes and the historic treble.  
More of the museum tour. 
And the stadium tour begins!!! Stretford End!!! 
The Sir Alex Ferguson Stand and the Theatre of Dreams pitch.  
Us all overlooking the Theatre of Dreams.  
The tunnel and the home team bench.  
The dressing room.  
It just had to be Cantona yet again and our tour guide. 
A tribute to the Munich Air Disaster. Gone, but not forgotten. 

Okay then the not so best part of the trip (just kidding). We head down to Liverpool after a night in Manchester. We went to Anfield and wanted to see what's so good about this team (hahaha)? Check out the photos. 
The famous Anfield, Kak Nana having some chips before the stadium tour and Me with the Shankly statue.  
The famous Liver-bird at the tunnel, the 5th Champions League trophy won at Istanbul and Us all overlooking The Kop.  
Our tour guides. She is hot!!! No, not the bald fella. Haha...  

A few days later, back in London, we head to another stadium. We went to the Emirates Stadium, home ground of Arsenal FC. Although we didn't go for the stadium tour, we went shopping at their megastore instead. Oh yeah, we went around the stadium to take some photos of statues. Check it out!!! 
The stadium was magnificent.  
Us messing around with Thierry Henry statue and Me with Tony Adams statue. 

Some of the random photos we took before we head back to reality (and stress) in KL. Oh by the way, we had teh tarik at a Malaysian restaurant called Jom Makan in Westfield London Shopping Mall. Still can't beat the mamak's teh tarik here but what was amazing is that, a British lady who made the teh tarik for us. And man, can she tarik the teh. Respect!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment