Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thank You Edge - Post SmackDown Show

I've finally found these 2 videos on YouTube. The 2 videos below are from the post SmackDown show on 15th April 2011. It was an emotional goodbye from then
World Heavyweight Champion, Edge. He received a thuderous applause not only from the
WWE Universe, but also from his colleagues.

I would have to say that the WWE handled his retirement really well. They allowed him to say his goodbyes on his terms. No script needed. No boring storyline needed. That's how good Edge was. It's great to know also that his one time real life nemesis, Matt Hardy, wished him well. Here's what Matt had to say: "Heard Adam is retiring because of physical issues that won't allow him to safely continue wrestling. He'll be missed. We've certainly had our fair share of issues. Both good and bad. But I tip my hat to Edge who is one of the greatest I've been in the ring with. Adam resides in NC now, sure I'll run into him down the road. Glad that him and I are in a good place. We came in as friends and we went out that way".  

I'm just waiting for the Hall of Fame to be Rated R. 2012 perhaps??? Or WWE would want to honour Edge when Wrestlemania returns to Toronto, Canada, his hometown. Whatever happens, he'll definitely be in the Hall of Fame. Enjoy the videos folks.
Thank You Edge!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment