Thursday, November 7, 2013

Side by Side with Neymar

During Barcelona's tour of South East Asia in Malaysia, Neymar Jr. paid a surprise visit to one of his biggest fans, Syafiq. In this new video from Nike Football we see the similarities in the Brazilian star and the young boys upbringing, the sacrifices made by their families and the footballing talent they posses. 

"My dreams growing up were to play professional football, to meet my idol Robinho and play alongside him. Syafiq's story is similar to mine, he believes in his dream", said Neymar whose name is inherited from his father, a former professional footballer.
Just like Neymar, Syafiq's father inspired him to play football and although sometimes Syafiq has to borrow his friends boots he is grateful for all he has. "I want to play my best and make my parents proud. They sacrificed so much for me, I can give them a better life and pay them back for what they've done for me."
Adding to the sentiment, Neymar states "Without family it's very difficult to achieve your dreams. My parents are fundamental to my dreams coming true, there's a similarity between his life and mine, he has some difficulties but he loves football."

Thank you Neymar for inspiring Syafiq and us ... all the way from Malaysia!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment