Tuesday, July 9, 2013

British Irish Lions Tour

To be honest with you all, I've lost the will to blog. Not sure why but I'm lacking something interesting to write nowadays. I don’t have a good topic in mind. Probably I’m distracted with my work. The never ending e-mails from worldwide HP offices. Pffftttt.. Nevertheless, something that excites me last weekend was the British Irish Lions tour. For those of you not aware of what the hell is that all about, it’s a rugby tour. The British Irish Lions consist of 4 nations: England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I’m not a huge rugby fan but I do enjoy watching the matches. Especially the Tri Nation series and obviously the World Cup.
What excites me over the weekend was I’ve been following their tour very closely this year. Most of their tour matches were against easy opponents. That was until they met with the Australia. Over the last 2 Saturdays, the matches were very intense and both teams went for the win. It’s no surprise that the series had to be decided on a 3rd game.

There were a lot of talks about the Lions manager’s decision to drop Brian O’Driscoll, the Irish legend. But at the end, it was a masterstroke. Personally, I think it was still a bad decision but hey, who cares right? Since the Lions basically killed off the game within the first 5 minutes. They got their first try early on and that basically put the game to bed. Lions clinched the series tour with a convincing 41 – 16 drubbing of the Wallabies. There were ups and downs against the Wallabies but 2 players that stood out were Leigh Halfpenny (fullback) and George North (winger). Both of them are from Wales. They were superb from the tour. Both men are still in their early 20’s and the future looks bright for the Wales national side. Mind you, the final Lions tour match consists of 70% of Welsh players.
Here are some of the photos from the final match of the British Irish Lions tour of 2013. Next stop? 2017 against the New Zealand All Blacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment