Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Van Persie Greedy For More


Robin van Persie is greedy for more medals after winning the Barclays Premier League for the first time in his career.

The Dutchman savoured the atmosphere at an electric Old Trafford after firing all three goals in the title-clinching success against Aston Villa on Monday night. After revealing his chats with Rio Ferdinand about lifting the trophy, the summer acquisition from Arsenal hopes it is merely the beginning in terms of his United career.

"It's a great feeling," the striker told MUTV. "I had to wait a long time and I've been thinking and speaking about it with Rio, for example, in the car and he's been telling me: 'Listen, whatever happens, that's the standard.'

"He's right. From now on, our new standard is we want to be champions every year and we want to win more. So we are even more hungry than than we were last season because you could just tell, from day one, everyone wanted this and we did well.

"I want to win it again. I want to win more stuff. I want to win the FA Cup, the Champions League, the Capital One Cup. I want to win it all.

"This is a trophy for all of us - the management, staff, all the players and the fans have been brilliant too. They've been absolutely amazing, cheering us on every single game, home and away, so credit to them as well."

In a separate interview with Sky Sports, van Persie paid tribute to all of his colleagues. "I'm very happy," he stated. "But it's weird. I had to wait so long for my first title and it's a great feeling. It's just fantastic.

"We have a fantastic team, fantastic players. If you look at every single one of them, it's a championship for every single one of them, and I mean everyone: the staff, the manager, trainers, players, medical staff... everyone has been great. This is our 20th title and, I think, deserved."



No comments:

Post a Comment