Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mourinho defends Ronaldo

Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: 'If someone criticizes Cristiano Ronaldo, he has a problem with me'.

The Portuguese coach has defended his compatriot against recent negative comments, and has stressed that the attacker remains a very important figure for the capital club.

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has ferociously defended Cristiano Ronaldo against recent criticism as Los Blancos prepare for the first leg of their Copa del Rey quarterfinal against Barcelona on Wednesday.

The Portugal international has been on the receiving end of negative comments in the past few weeks for his alleged inability to shine in the big games, but Mourinho had nothing but praise for his star player on Tuesday.

"If someone criticizes Cristiano Ronaldo, he has a problem with me. We won the Copa del Rey because of his goal, and he's scored I don't know how many goals for us. He's scored countless hat tricks, he carries so much pressure on his back," Mourinho told reporters at Tuesday's prega press conference in Madrid."

"But do you know which game of his I've liked best?" he continued. "The second half he gave us against Mallorca. He worked like an animal. He won the ball back for us and ended up exhausted. I told him that it was the game of his I was most proud of.

"I told him that when he works like that there's nobody who can touch him. When he works like that he doesn't have to score all the time and be the man of the match. That was his best game for me".


No comments:

Post a Comment