Monday, November 21, 2011

Man Utd Midfield Marvels

The midfield selection for the fans' Greatest Ever XI, as discussed on a new four-disc DVD, is certain to stir plenty of controversy.


"Captain Marvel" Bryan Robson was a surprise omission in the engine room, along with the peerless Duncan Edwards, as Roy Keane and Paul Scholes got the nod from those who voted on ManUtd.com.


"I think the lads on the DVD did me proud the way they bigged me up, saying I should be in the team, but Scholesy and Keaney are great players," said Robson. "It's just nice to be on the list. Straight away, everyone's talking about 4-4-2 and that's good if everyone has got the same formation. But I wouldn't play Bobby Charlton as a centre-forward. He'd be in central midfeld for me."


The competition was intense for a place on the flanks as well, with George Best and Ryan Giggs edging out the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and David Beckham.


"Cristiano is a great player but one thing I would not dismiss is Best and Giggs both being in that team as wide players," added Robson. "I do think it was a very close shout as to whether Beckham and Ronaldo should be in there."


No comments:

Post a Comment