Friday, November 4, 2011

Becks on Sir Alex Ferguson


An article from The Sun UK

DAVID BECKHAM has heaped praise on Alex Ferguson for having the passion and hunger to drive Manchester United to success for 25 years. The LA Galaxy star said: "It's been amazing. But that's what happens when you have stability, and a man that is so passionate and hungry, who has the love for one club that he has."

Becks spent a decade at Old Trafford before being sold to Real Madrid for £25million shorty after Fergie accidentally kicked a boot at him, causing a cut that needed two stitches over his eye. Despite that 2003 incident, Beckham has given his former boss a glowing testimony in the special tribute magazine created by United Review.

The midfielder, 36, said: "That loyalty and respect for one club is unbelievable and it's not something you see these days. "It says a lot about United as a club and the manager."
Beckham credits his parents for setting him on course to enjoy a glittering career and Ferguson for all his professional successes.

He said: "It's 50/50 with my parents — that's how highly I regard the boss. "My parents were the ones who brought me up and helped get me to a certain level in my career, and the manager is the one who took me to a whole different level. "He's the sole reason why I was successful. He gave us everything we needed to become the players and the men that we are today."


No comments:

Post a Comment